When shopping for a smartwatch, it’s good to select the device that fits your needs – whether that be for health or connectivity functions – along with ensuring it falls within your budget. Two of the most beloved smartwatches on the market, the Garmin Vivomove HR and Huawei Watch GT, are fantastic options to consider, but when selecting which is best for you, the two have some unique and exclusives qualities.
|Garmin Vivomove HR||Huawei Watch GT|
|What is it?||Vivomove HR is a heart-rate monitoring edition of the highly-rated entry from Garmin.||Huawei’s new Watch GT is a feature-rich complimentary smart and tracking device to be synced with your smartphone.|
|Features:||– 24/7 heart rate monitoring with Elevate wrist heart rate technology
– Wellness monitoring tools, such as all-day stress tracking and a relaxation timer, help you manage stress
– VO2 max and fitness age monitoring tools.
– Displays steps, calories, distance, heart rate and intensity minutes.
– Battery life up to 5 days in smart mode; up to 2 weeks in watch mode
|– Water Resistant up to 50m
– Two-week battery life
– 39-inch AMOLED display– 16MB RAM
– 128MB Storage
– Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Magnetometer, Heart Rate, Ambient Light, and Barometer sensors.
|Design:||Minimal analogue face made of glass and featuring a stainless steel body. Buyers can choose the option of silicone or leather straps.||The Watch GT comes in two design styles; the Classic and the Sport. The Classic features a leather strap and silver body, while the Sport has a black body and plastic strap.|
|Price:||From R2,999||From R2,799|
Both the Garmin Vivomove HR and Huawei Watch GT are great hybrid smartwatches that fall within a similar price-bracket. However, when it comes down to pure value, the Watch GT has a better battery-life, GPS functionality, and a higher-resolution display, making it a solid option for those looking for a reliable and dynamic smartwatch.
Winner: Huawei Watch GT.