Rebelling against convention is what characterises the S6 – a new set of rules and gutsy decision-making has paid off in a big way. This device stamps Samsung’s authority as a premier manufacturer – are you ready for the S6 edge?
It’s 2nd in command – behind the S7 flat and S7 edge – in the high-end S-line. The South Korean company has decided to do a complete overhaul – more power, sleek, stylish design and amazing features – it’s clear that a facelift was out of the question.
The display – closely followed by the new chipset – is the highlight of the S6. The resolution has been kicked up to QHD – 1440 X 2560, giving the super AMOLED panel a phenomenal 577ppi.
Simply put – barring a few debatable decisions – it’s better than its predecessor and is definitely a major player in the game.
The S6 will get lost in the crowd, it’s more of a “follow, or get out of my way” smartphone!
- 5.1” Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution: 1440 X 2560 pixels
- 16 MP, f/1.9, 28mm, OIS, autofocus, LED flash
- 5 MP, dual video call, Auto HDR
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 4; TouchWiz UI
- Android OS, v5.0.2 (Lollipop), upgradable to v6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- Exynos 7420 Octa
- Octa-core (4×2.1 GHz Cortex-A57 & 4×1.5 GHz Cortex-A53)
- 3GB RAM
- Internal storage: 32 GB
- Wireless connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 1, A2DP, LE, aptX
- microUSB v2.0, USB Host
- Non-removable Li-Ion 2550 mAh battery
- Up to 17h (3G) talk time
Pros: Fast-charging and wireless charge compatible; impressive design; fantastic camera
Cons: No memory card slot; non-removable battery with a lower endurance than the S5; not waterproof; No FM radio; expensive