It’s quite simple: HP is a major player, known for producing excellently-constructed, well-designed machines with remarkable features – this is evident in the ProBook 450 G3 – a laptop that is built and designed to effectively cater for your business requirements.
The low contrast ratio and the missing sRGB gamut unfortunately don’t make this machine optimal for multimedia purposes, which is disappointing. However, keep in mind that this has been designed and marketed as a business-centric laptop. If binge-watching YouTube videos, movies and series are what you want, this is not what you’re looking for.
But with features such as an HD anti-glare display and speedy processor, spending long periods of time looking at the screen browsing the web and compiling documents won’t take its toll on your eyes. This is truly an operational wonder.
- Manufacturer: HP
- Processor manufacturer: Intel
- Processor type: Intel® Core™ i5-6200U with Intel HD Graphics 520 (2.3 GHz, up to 2.8 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)
- Processor model: 6200U
- Screen size: 6″
- Display: diagonal HD anti-glare flat LED-backlit (1366 x 768)
- Webcam: HD 720p webcam with dual digital microphones
- Networking: 11AC, 802.11N
- Graphics: AMD Radeon R7 M340 (2GB DDR3)
- Memory: 4GB
- Processor speed: 2.3 GHz (turbo boost up to 2.8 GHz)
- OS: Microsoft Windows 7 PRO 64bit w/Windows 10 PRO
- Storage: 500 GB
- Wi-Fi Connectivity: Yes
- Battery: 4-cell 44 WHr
- Weight: 2.1kg
Pros: Slightly rubberised plastic lid for great grip and feel; sturdy build; 16:9 aspect ratio; HD (1366 X768) display; stereo speakers; good keyboard and touchpad;
Cons: Low contrast ratio; lack of sRGB gamut; throttles at higher speeds