Access content from Netflix, YouTube, Vimeo, and more. And with AirPlay, you can play video, show off photos, and enjoy music from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch on your TV.
Buy movies and TV shows on the Apple TV and watch them on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac or PC thanks to Apple's iCloud service. iCloud also stores photos and pushes them wirelessly to all your devices including your HD TV via Apple TV.
Using AirPlay, you can stream music, photos, and videos from your iOS device directly to your HDTV via the Apple TV. And iPhone 4S or iPad users can use AirPlay Mirroring to show the screen of their device right on their television--perfect for streaming web pages and even games.
The Apple TV also connects to your home computer (either Mac or Windows PC), and you'll be able to stream all your purchased music, TV shows, movies as well as podcasts and photo slideshows from your computer directly to your HDTV via the Apple TV.
Featuring ultra-fast Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (as well as a wired Ethernet connection) and an internal power supply, the Apple TV offers silent, cool, very low power operation in an enclosure that's less than four inches square. Control the Apple TV using the included seven-button aluminum Apple Remote, or use your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and the Remote app--a free download from the iTunes App Store.
- Buy or rent from the largest selection of HD movies--over 15,000 titles.
- Buy commercial-free HD TV shows--over 90,000 TV episodes.
- Stream from the huge Netflix catalog of movies and TV shows (subscription required).
- Browse and play YouTube and Vimeo videos, access online Flickr photos, watch HD podcasts, and listen to Internet radio.
- Wirelessly stream content from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your widescreen TV.
- View the most recent photos taken on your iOS device and pushed to your Photo Stream in iCloud (requires iCloud-enabled device).
- Watch live and archived MLB, NBA, and NHL games in HD.
- With an iTunes Match subscription you can listen to all of your favorite songs in your iCloud library from your HDTV.
- Enjoy all the photos, music, and videos on your computer on the best TV and speakers in the house.
- Stream everything you watch over 802.11n Wi-Fi.
- Simple setup with a single HDMI cable for both audio and video (cable sold separately).
With AirPlay functionality, you can wirelessly stream music and video stored on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad to your HDTV via the Apple TV. Just make sure your device and Apple TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, and you'll see the AirPlay icon automatically appear on your device. Tap it in Photos, Videos, Music, Safari, or any other AirPlay-enabled app, and you'll begin streaming your device's content to your HDTV.
Additionally, with AirPlay Mirroring you'll be able to display what's on your iPhone 4S or iPad screen to everyone in the room--perfect for spreadsheets in meetings, class materials, and web pages. And it's a great way to bring your iOS game apps to the big screen. Some games even offer dual screen control capabilities, enabling you to access all controls on your iOS device and watch all the action on your HDTV without it being crowded out by the user interface.